STREET FIRE IGNITION CONTROL
Full featured ignition from MSD that delivers quality at a budget price.
The Street Fire Capacitve Discharge Ignition is perfect for performance enthusiasts with a tight budget. The ignition offers capacitive discharge technology and will fire a series of multiple sparks that last for 20° of crankshaft rotation when the engine is running at lower rpm. This ensures combustion of the air/fuel mixture and produces great throttle response and smooth idle.
The CDI is built around a durable cast aluminum housing and easily connects to points, amplifiers and magnetic pickup distributors. An adjustable rev limiter will protect the engine in the event of driveline failure. This rpm is adjustable with rotary dials in 100 rpm increments. If you have a 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engine, the Street Fire CDI will connect and fire it up!
Covered by CARB E.O. # D-40-43
- Capacitive discharge technology
- Multiple sparks improve starting and idle
- Full power output at high rpm
- Easily connects to points, amplifiers and magnetic pickup distributors
- Adjustable rev limiter for overrev protection
|C.A.R.B. EO #||D-40-43|
|Current Draw||.7 Amp per 1,000 RPM|
|Primary Voltage||435 Volts|
|RPM Range||15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts|
|Secondary Voltage||43,000 Volts|
|Spark Energy||95 mJ per spark|
|Spark Series Duration||20 Degree Crankshaft Rotation|
|Voltage Required||10-18 Volts, Negative Ground|
|Weight and Size||1.5 lbs., 6"L x 3.5"W x 1.75"H|
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle
C.A.R.B. EO #D-40-43