GM LS RETRO-FIT OIL PAN - 1955-87 GM/Muscle Car/Classic Car/Trucks Cars ADDITIONAL FRONT CLEARANCE
Holley engineering has taken their LS Retro-fit oil pans to the next level! The 302-3 design has even more sump clearance, includes two 1/2" NPT oil return bosses, and can clear a 4.00" stroke crankshaft. Just like the 302-2, the new designed 302-3 will fit the 1955-87 GM Muscle Cars and Trucks that need a little more clearance in the front of the oil pan. However, the new design will also fit the Ford Fox body OEM K-member and was designed to clear the Fox Body rack and pinion too. It's a win-win for more LS conversions.
- Designed for LS engine retrofit installations in GM muscle/classic car and truck chassis requiring more oil pan to chassis clearance around the front half of the oil pan
- Profile of the sump has been revised to provide extra chassis and steering rack clearance
- Perfect for: 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird, 1968-74 Nova/Apollo/Ventura/Omega, 1982-92 F-body, 1978-87 G-body, and 1964-72 A-body applications. Also 1979-2004 Mustang and 1979-1986 Capri Fox bodies
- NOTE – Oil pan #302-3 will clear a 4.00” stroke crankshaft.
- Includes two ½-14” NPT oil return ports to provide a convenient oil return for turbochargers. (one port on each side)
- Provides OEM fitment - OEM oil filter mounting, OEM oil cooler port provision, OEM engine NVH suppression, OEM flange gasket and sealing, proper structural rigidity and OEM bell-housing attachments
- Traditional high-quality cast aluminum appearance with clean exterior styling
- Provides maximum clearance for vehicles where the steering linkage is behind the engine cross member
- Complete kit includes sump baffle, OE style pick-up tube, sump plug, oil filter stud, oil passage cover, etc.
|Application||GM LS Engines|
|Oil Pan Capacity||5.9 Quarts|
|Oil Pan Type||Cast|
|Product Type||Oil Pans|
Maximum crankshaft stroke = 4.00"
Sump Oil Capacity – 5.6 Quarts
Total Oil Capacity with stock oil filter – 6.1 Quarts Oil Filter (AC Delco® PF48 or PF48E, Mobile M1-113, Wix 57060, K&N HP-1017, or equivalent)
Requires use of LS3 dipstick (GM P/N 12669528) and tube (GM P/N 12625031)
*Engine location may need to be adjusted (up / down or fore / aft) for cross member or steering linkage clearance depending on the vehicle, steering configuration and chassis type.
ATTENTION! 302-3 is designed to use a GM “F-body” windage tray, GM P/N 12558253. A modification to the windage tray is required to provide clearance to the pick-up tube. A full-length windage tray may be used if the front quarter of the tray is removed. See the instruction sheets showing the windage tray modifications and overall length required.
ATTENTION! Additional Parts Needed (Oil Pan Gasket 6665G or GM® 12612350, High Quality RTV sealer, Oil Filter -AC Delco® PF48 or equivalent)